St Jakobi OSHC

Caring for your children, Before & After school and Vacation Care.

About Us

Philosophy
St Jakobi Lutheran School Outside School Hours Care believes that our service is a valued combination of education and quality care. We provide a loving, caring and supportive environment where we can help each chid learn and grow socially, emotionally and academically. We are strongly dedicated to value all children, their families and treasure their unique interest and needs that God has given them.

‘… Put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waste, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.’ – Ephesians 6:13-18

Routine
We have a changing roster of activities for each week. The activities are chosen by the children in the first week of each term, and are rotated each week so that each child can experience a new and interesting activity each night of the week. Every night we encourage children to play outside before beginning the day’s activity to not only encourage healthy physical living, but play time outside often encourages the group to play together and provides a great opportunity for relationship building.

Our daily routine is as seen below. This is displayed in our OSHC room for the children to follow.

Routine 1

The activities we do each week are chosen by the children at the beginning of the term. We then rotate them each week so children who come on the same days each week can gain a different experience. The roster for the weeks activities will also be displayed on our website each week.

routine roster  routine options

Menu
We strongly believe that developing healthy eating habits and attitudes during childhood is important for children’s long term nutritional wellbeing. Therefore, during After School Hours Care sessions a healthy Afternoon Tea is provided and during Vacation Care both a healthy Morning Tea and Afternoon Tea is provided. We ensure the dietary requirements for each child are strictly adhered to.

We allow students to choose the food that they want for the week and display it on our food roster as seen below. The food along side are the options we like to choose from. We often ask the children for new ideas to allow them a voice for their afternoon snacks!

Food roster food options

Staffing

Our staff come from many different backgrounds and experiences which add to the quality of our service. We provide quality care for each individual child. All staff has at least a first aid certificate and have undergone child protection training. Staff aim to be great role modes for the children, demonstrating how to live a healthy and happy lifestyle.

Find out about our team members below:

Wilder Bhraunxs – Director

I believe that each child have unique talents, abilities and an unique gift from God. At OSHC we can enhance and extend individuals learning through a variety of methods such as kinaesthetic and hands on activities. In this way, we can develop the individual holistically (socially, emotionally and intellectually) thus helping them to be life-long learners who are capable individuals into the future.

Courtney Wood

I believe that every child is unique, and deserves to be given the opportunity to develop themselves as individuals and continuously grow as learners. As educators I believe it is our responsibility to provide these opportunities through our service. It is important to me that I build a strong relationship with each child so that I can ensure their needs and interests are met whilst at our service. I hope that by building positive relationships with each child, they will feel comfortable to ask questions, learn from us as educators, and gain the skills in which will enable them to follow their dreams.

Maddi Beckmann 

As an educator I believe I need to ensure that students are at the centre of their learning and that I provide opportunities for them to discover themselves as individuals and learners. We encourage students to ask questions, work collaboratively and gain skills that they will use for their future endeavours.
I truly love seeing the students come into the OSHC and interact with students from a range of ages while engaging in learning that is different from their normal classroom yet still so important and beneficial for their overall development. My aim within our service is to make every child feel important, valued and comfortable every time they enter through the door.

Michael Blasche 

As an educator, I am privileged to be a role model and have the opportunity to shape children spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally. Education is about more than reading, writing, and arithmetic; it is about helping students build their confidence, explore and apply their learnings, be creative, connect with their local and global community, and enjoy the learning process. Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) complements classroom based learning, and enables students to share their experiences and build relationships.

Emily Fitzgerald 

My personal philosophy on educating has always centred around and encompassed the theory of a growth mindset. I believe that each child that walks into OSHC at St Jakobi is special and gifted in their own unique ways. I strive to ensure through various ways that each child knows this and I encourage students to never give up or stop believing in themselves. It’s important for children to know that failure is always a success if we learn something from it.